EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTP Client CPU 100%

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/27/2008 20:14:39
by G Patel (Basic support level)

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the FTPSBlackbox when using Send() method where the client CPU goes to 100% and stays there until the process is killed. It doesn't happen consistently but does happen every few days in our production environment which is calling plain FTP (non SSL). I've taken dumps a couple times of the offending process and find the thread eating the CPU is calling Send() method of FTPSBlackbox. Our production environment is mulithreaded and so at any one time can and do have multiple transfers going. We are using v.4.4.0.94. I'm seeing if I can come up with a test harness to reproduce using the sample that comes with the FTPSBlackbox. I just wanted to see if anyone had seen this before or had any thoughts.

Thanks!
Posted: 03/28/2008 01:05:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Version 4.4 is very old and FTP client is improved in every build to provide better compatibility with various servers most of which have certain deviations from the standard (like WS_FTP). we suggest hat you upgrade to version 6.0.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1013 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!