EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElSimpleSSHClientX CanReceive method missing?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 06/13/2006 17:22:07
by Mike Scriven (Standard support level)

The documentation states that there is a "CanReceive" method but it doesn't appear in the wrappers.
Posted: 06/13/2006 18:30:38
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, CanReceive() methods is currently not implemented for ActiveX edition. Please consider using ReceiveData() method along with SocketTimeout property instead.
Posted: 07/26/2006 12:22:54
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

I have some feedback regarding this thread.

The HTML Help file states that "CanReceive" is not supported with the ActiveX implementation (as you confirmed); however it also states that "Address" and "UseInternalSocket" are not implemented when in fact they are. You should make a note to update your documentation.

Also the help file implies that the units for the "SocketTimeout" property is seconds, but my testing has led me to believe that it is actually milliseconds. Here again you should update your documentation.

Lastly the SocketTimeout property seems to work ok when used with the ReadData method, but it does not work ok with the ReadText method. If I specify a timeout of 10000 milliseconds, then ReadText does not return for 20 seconds, even when there is data available to be read. I can only assume that 20 seconds comes from 10 seconds for the standard output and another 10 for the error output. This is not a showstopper for me because I can simply rewrite my code to use ReadData instead of ReadText, but you should look into this and fix the timeout on ReadText.
Posted: 07/26/2006 12:23:50
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

Sorry, ReadData and ReadText should have been ReceiveData and ReceiveText.
Posted: 07/26/2006 13:02:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

ReceiveText doesn't have any own timeouts, so the problem must be somewhere else. Added to ToDo list for checking.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/24/2007 07:03:59
by Perin Sebastien (Basic support level)

Could you just confirm SocketTimeout is milliseconds for the SSH Client and it's the same for SFTP Client please ?

Thanks in advance. Best Reguards

Sorry I already asked that :(. It's indeed milliseconds
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 2747 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!