EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Urgent help needed with OCSP and .NET

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 06/13/2006 03:05:45
by Luis Fraile (Basic support level)

Hi, I'm new to OCSP, and we are trying to do a call to an OCSP server for validating certificates with .NET, I have seen (I have downloaded the evaluation version) the OCSP client object on PKI namespace of SecureBlackBox, but its documentation is not so useful, and asking to Eldos people they say it covers only the preparation of the request and response, but not the sending to the server, and didn't provide me any sample, please has anyone a sample of the complete process of calling OCSP server from .NET?? we are evaluating SecureBlackBox for buying it, if it solves our problem, so I hope Eldos people will help us a little bit.
Posted: 06/13/2006 03:26:42
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, the distribution does not include such a sample. Basically, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Create the OCSP request. This step includes the following operations:
a) create TElOCSPClient instance,
b) create TElMemoryCertStorage instance,
c) put the certificates you wish to check to the created certificate storage object,
d) bind the created certificate storage to the OCSP client using its CertStorage property,
e) create the request by calling TElOCSPClient.CreateRequest() method.

2. Send the created request to OCSP server. Since OCSP can be run over different protocols (e.g., HTTP), implementation of this step depends on the requirements of your project.

3. Receive OCSP response from server. Implementation of this step also depends on a protocol that OCSP peers use for communication.

4. Process the response:
a) pass the received response to TElOCSPClient.ProcessReply() method,
b) get certificate status information using CertStatus, RevocationTime, RevocationReason properties of TElOCSPClient object.
Posted: 06/13/2006 03:31:19
by Luis Fraile (Basic support level)

Thanks Innokentiy, all of this steps are already iin the documentation, but as I told I would need a sample of sending the request and recieving the response from a OCSP with HTTP protocol, I would be so pleased and ready to choose your product or not, if you can provide this. Thanks again.

Anyway I think I got it already working, so I will let you know.

Topic viewed 3815 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!