EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP performance with ActiveX

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/28/2006 11:04:30
by Jeff Lindborg (Basic support level)

Nope. That's what you guys told me the last time, too. It occurs to me you should really have a smoother way of telling if the version running is crippled or not so there's no question you're running the demo version.

I purchased a license for this weeks ago and I'm using the proper key in my application as per the directions. Checked it over and over and over and over again to be sure.
Posted: 06/28/2006 11:31:39
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Are you using the Read/Write methods of ElSimpleSFTPClientX for file transfer operations? If so, please consider increasing transfer block size (the 4096 value used in the SimpleSftpDemo is too small, using 262144 can help increasing the bandwidth). The best perfomance can be achieved with DownloadFile/UploadFile methods. These methods do not exchange transferred data with ActiveX client and thus are much faster than Read/Write ones.
Posted: 07/05/2006 19:14:58
by Jeff Lindborg (Basic support level)

Finally got around to trying this - yes, it's much, much faster going with the UploadFile/DownloadFile routines. That's cool.

However, I'm a little puzzled at how to accomplish a nice progress bar for file transfers since I'm going to be moving very large files around (10 meg and up) - I saw another post from you noting that you can use the OnProgress event, however I don't see such an event exposed anywhere. I can see it firing the MessageLoop event constantly - but I'm unsure how to check the number of bytes that have been send/received thus far so I can update a progress bar - is this exposed somehwere?
Posted: 07/06/2006 02:02:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately due to ActiveX architecture specifics it's not possible to extend event interfaces and avoid breaking existing code at the same time. We will try to solve the problem for build 91, but I can't promise.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 10352 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!