EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Extremely slow

Also by EldoS Corporation: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Created: 01/22/2012 18:20:37
by Dan Berger (Basic support level)
Registration date: 01/22/2012
Total messages: 1

Hi there. Love this product and it's exactly what I was looking for. I'm on a windows 7 machine and am getting very slow response times when I try to open a remote directory. This really lags everything and makes the remote sftp unusable. Any speed increase tips?
Created: 01/23/2012 01:23:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First of all we need to narrow down the problem.

1) Did you try other computers (maybe with XP)?

2) By "open a directory" you probably mean navigating to this directory in Explorer. Explorer attempts to read contents of all files in directory in order to get metadata and possibly thumbnails. Unfortunately this Explorer's behavior can not be disabled and this causes major PITA not just for us but for most of our clients.

Whether my assumption is correct, can be checked using following:

a) mount the remote server to say X:
b) run cmd.exe via Start Menu->Run...
c) in the command line type "dir X:\" and see how fast it is. If it's fast and Explorer is slow, then it's explorer's lag.

There are settings in Windows (probably in Explorer's options) to always show icons instead of thumbnails. Please check this option and turn it on. Maybe it will help.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1458 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|