EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

RawDisk: cannot get valid handle with CRawDisk::Open

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 06/08/2007 15:20:02
by Kevin Putnam (Basic support level)

If I remove the comments below and comment out the call to CRawDisk::Open, I am able to get a valid handle. As far as I can tell the driver is installed correctly. I've also tried replacing the "\\.\PhysicalDrive0" string with "\\.\C:" with no change. I'm compiling in VS2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/*file = CreateFile(_TEXT("\\\\.\\PhysicalDrive0"),
  accessMode, shareMode, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL);*/

file = CRawDisk::Open(_TEXT("\\\\.\\PhysicalDrive0"), GENERIC_WRITE | GENERIC_READ, NULL);

cout << "error: invalid handle.\n";
} else {
  cout << "valid handle.\n";
Posted: 06/08/2007 15:50:38
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The destination "storages" names are incorrect. Use the following ones:

I.e. in the C/C++ notation:
Posted: 06/08/2007 16:00:22
by Kevin Putnam (Basic support level)

Thanks! That did the trick.
Posted: 06/29/2008 03:24:46
by narges roshanbin (Basic support level)

Hello dear friends,

I just want to start using Rawdisk and I really need to use it. Could you please help me and give me some information about it. For example, I will be really thankful if you give me a 5-line sample program or introduce a tutorial.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Posted: 06/30/2008 02:07:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need to purchase a license *before* you can start using RawDisk. Evaluation version is not available for this product. Please see information on the order page.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 15148 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!