EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CRawDisk.InstallDriver and Win32Exception

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/06/2014 02:17:09
by Krzysztof Wasilewski (Basic support level)

I have created new c# project int Visual Studio 2013. Added reference to RawDisk3Net.dll. First I wanted to install driver and I always getting exception "File not found.". I tried relative path, absolute path, or even copied sys to C. Dll and sys was 64bit, but changing to 32bit not helped me.

static void Main(string[] args)
            bool reboot = false;
            RawDisk.CRawDisk.InstallDriver(@"C:\rawdisk.sys", "EldoS_RawDisk", ref reboot);

Posted: 11/06/2014 02:27:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

64-bit OS requires 64-bit driver. The driver we ship comes *unsigned* and thus can't be loaded by 64-bit OS as is (for 32-bit systems it's different). The options to load the 64-bit driver are:
1) sign the driver with your code signing certificate (the procedure is described in the help file).
2) reboot the OS in test mode so that it doesn't check signatures of the loaded drivers.

The driver comes unsigned only in RawDisk, all other our products come with properly signed and ready to deploy drivers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3458 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!