EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

RawDisk and SD card reader

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 09/11/2012 05:22:59
by Regina (Standard support level)

Hello.
I need a raw access to an SD card via internal PC card reader. I get the info by using WMI Disk32_DiskDrive, then try for a handle as follows:
TRawDisk *disk;
diskhandle = disk->Open(__classid(TRawDisk),"\\??\\PhysicalDrive3",GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,RAWDISKKEY);
The handle I get returned is always equal to 0xFFFFFFFF. Rawdisk driver I'm working with is a one we'd purchased in 2008, 32-bit WinXp for C++ Builder 5 (I'm editing and old application).
I does work with external USB disks or USB sticks. The SD card seems to be a problem. Do you have idea why?

Thank you.
Posted: 09/11/2012 05:27:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your code) for a ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/12/2012 02:07:30

Okay, I have assigned the ticket now.
About my trouble: I've accidentally discovered that I can access the card in case it's left in the reader upon the computer restart. As soon as I remove it and insert it anew, the driver does not return a proper handle. I viewed the card with WinHex utility just to be sure and it does show the raw content.
Posted: 09/12/2012 02:09:27

If the call to Open() fails, first thing to do is call GetLastError() WinAPI function to find out, what exactly error has happened. Please do this and let us know the result.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/14/2012 00:18:37

The error ID is 0. Which means no error.
Posted: 09/14/2012 00:37:33

That is strange. Can you please replace a call to Open() in your code with a call to OpenEx() and see the result?

RawDisk is used for SSD card access by some of our customers so there should be no problems. Yet I need to say that you have a license for RawDisk 1 and current version is RawDisk 2. Also, in RawDisk 1 license keys were bound do EXE file names. I.e. if you try to use RawDisk in another executable file, the key won't work and RawDisk will do nothing. Can it be the case? Your current key is valid for diagreader.exe and jazzdiag.exe

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/14/2012 05:09:31

I'm editing diagreader at the moment and the OpenEx() function works, so my problem seems to be solved. Thank you for figuring it out.

Have a nice weekend.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5445 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!