EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to flush volumes

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 02/08/2011 15:40:05
by Ken J. Lafredo (Priority Standard support level)

I have a program which opens a disk(External Flash disk) and overwrites the entire disk including the partition tables. Once it writes it then verifies by reading the data back to make sure it there were no problems. The problem is that when I do a read it gives me back the old data (before it was overwritten)... I know that it did actually write the date because if I first either unmount/remount the disk via "Safely Remove..." or go into Woindows Disk Management and perform a "Rescan Disks", the verify will work corectly. i.e., I get back the data that was written. How do I perform the flush (I assume) similiar to the Windows Disk Management "Rescan Disks"??? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and RawDisk

Posted: 02/08/2011 15:56:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

"Flush" is a forceful writing to the backend storage. If you say the data is written correctly, then the problem is not in flushing. The problem might be in lack of notification of disk manager about he changes. We need to investigate this question deeper so I will move your question to helpdesk where it can be tracked.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/09/2011 02:00:29
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to helpdesk.

Topic viewed 3970 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!