EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

RawDisk and XPe

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 05/19/2010 18:34:48
by Darin Gifford (Basic support level)

I need to be able to read the raw data from a DOM that contains an XPe image that uses EWF manager. Will RawDisk be able to perform this function? It is important to note that the DOM is locked and cannot be written to, so in theory, after boot, each byte of the DOM should be the same and never change.
Posted: 05/20/2010 01:29:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Just to ensure that you understand (some people get confused): RawDisk is a software component for software developers. This is not a general-purpose software which you can run out-of-the-box and get access to your disk or protected files. RawDisk was designed for the purpose of circumventing certain security restrictions of Windows OS. So probably you are just looking at the wrong tool.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/21/2010 17:42:31
by Darin Gifford (Basic support level)

I understand. My plan is to write a software verification tool, using your API, that will check every byte of the DOM (DiskOnModule) using the sha1 algorithm. Normally this would not work with Windows because it is constantly changing. However, we lock the DOM using a Microsoft EWF manager and physically on the DOM to make it read-only. So, back to my original question: Will the API give me access to the raw image of the DOM?

Thanks in advance!
Posted: 05/22/2010 02:34:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Ok, I don't know what your DOM is, but if it's visible as a "disk" device in Windows (in Disk Manager applet of Microsoft Management Console), then yes, you should be able to access it. Unfortunately we don't have practical experience, so trying to do this is your only option.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4689 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!