EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Copy a file from a network drive with rawdisk

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/05/2010 11:16:04
by stephane  (Standard support level)

Can the TRawDisk.CreateFile function of the driver handle locked files located on network drives ?

I mean is it possible to write a copyfile() function that will handle files located on a network drive and that can be fully or partially locked by an application that runs on another computer than the one using the rawdisk driver ?

I don't know if this makes a lot of sense but I am faced with this situation with a customer trying to do foolish things ;)
Posted: 03/05/2010 11:31:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Absolutely no - the file access rights are controlled on remote computer that shares the file, so you would need to have some process on that remote system, which would use rawdisk locally, read the data and provide it to your client via some interface (be it WebDAV, SFTP or even SMB).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/05/2010 11:45:39
by stephane  (Standard support level)

Thanks I suspected that this was not possible.

Will the TRawdisk.CreateFile() fail with some error code if the path is a network path or network drive ?
Or will I to test this myself before calling the CreateFile() ?
Posted: 03/05/2010 11:56:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It doesn't fail but the reading or writing of locked files via it won't be successful.

Topic viewed 4028 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!