EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sector encrytion

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 08/03/2009 04:28:46
by john cragg (Basic support level)

I want to know if RawDisk is a disk filter driver? as far as I know, there is a sample code in Windows DDK package named "diskperf" ....
Posted: 08/03/2009 04:40:34
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

RawDisk isn't a filter driver. It's just a legacy driver that helps to workaround some system protection mechanisms.
Posted: 12/25/2013 02:26:52
by Mohamed ZERROUKI (Basic support level)

Hi,
I have a dream !
I want to use a simple Flash disk as a DONGLE protection and sell it with my application (endback user).
I am thinking about using Solid File System (embedded) to create a hidden partition and data (signature) into the Flash disk.
The question is :

This to avoid Hackers to copy exactely (Clone) my FlashDisk.
Or is there an other solution ?
Thanks.
Posted: 12/25/2013 02:33:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Simple flash disks can be copied easily. You need to use a USB token with encryption keys embedded into it. USB tokens can't be duplicated and the primary purpose of the token is to guard the encryption keys and not let them out.

There exist combined tokens on the market, which have both cryptographic capabilities and flash memory (in case you need it). Then you can use crypto module to encrypt the data stored on the flash disk.

All of this is not related to RawDisk though.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/25/2013 02:39:23
by Mohamed ZERROUKI (Basic support level)

Thanks again Eugene.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5650 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!