EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback Disk - File store example

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:06:44
by Anthoni Gardner (Basic support level)

Hello there,

I am evaluating CallBack Disk v1.0.3 and using the supplied program I've managed to mount the storage. However there are no examples on how to create / add a file into this storage.

Could someone please help me out here? I am after getting a file from my hard drive (already on the machine) and placing it inside the mounted storage. Then deleting orginal file and just having the file inside storage. I then want to be able to still get access to this file (ie manipulate it etc) just like I would a normal file.

I know they are slightly different but I've used AidAim's SingleFileSystem and found that I could easily add in a file using normal Delphi filestreams and still get access to this file. I presume once a file is inside storage though I have to access it via its UNC ?

Any help or advice on this matter would be very gratefully appreciated.

Regards
Anthoni
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:19:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

CallbackDisk doesn't need anything like AidAim stuff - CallbackDisk mounts the file as a system-wide accessible storage. Mount the storage as a drive letter, then use any file explorer to put the files there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:26:56

>Mount the storage as a drive letter, then use any file >explorer to put the files there.

I did that, but Windows keeps telling me that the drive is not formatted and when I goto format it keeps telling me it can not be formatted.

Do I need to use the CallbackFS in order for windows to format it ?
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:39:02

Once you create the storage file (remember that it's size must be multiple of 512 or, even better, of 4096) you should be able to format it.

The developer will take another look at the issue tomorrow.

CallbackDisk and CallbackFS are different products, not related to each other.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:48:14

Sounds good to me.
At moment the device is mounted successfully, its just am unable to format it and thus can not add any files.

Once it is formatted, I presume I can add files into it using normal Windows API like CopyFile / MoveFile and enumerate them using FindFirst / FindLast etc ?

Also, if I had the mount of demo (with no colon so its not a visible drive) how would I access that to add in files ? I know its a UNC but when I put \\Demo\ into windows explorer it says it can not find the drive.

Once I get this sorted I feel like I could be well on my way to getting a demo program running.

Regards
Anthoni
Posted: 07/24/2007 14:52:04

Anthoni Gardner wrote:
At moment the device is mounted successfully, its just am unable to format it and thus can not add any files.

Once it is formatted, I presume I can add files into it using normal Windows API like CopyFile / MoveFile and enumerate them using FindFirst / FindLast etc ?

Exactly.
Anthoni Gardner wrote:
Also, if I had the mount of demo (with no colon so its not a visible drive) how would I access that to add in files ?

It must be "\\.\Demo", IIRC. The developer will correct me if I am wrong.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6822 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!