EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Network mounting points

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 10/06/2013 01:07:03
by Sanjay Kanade (Standard support level)

The help says that Network Mounting points can not be used with NTFS disks. What does this exactly mean? If I format the virtual disk with NTFS then I can't use the Network Mounting points? What other choices do I have for formatting big size disks so that I can use network mounting point like hidden share?

Thanks,
Posted: 10/07/2013 02:24:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Sanjay Kanade wrote:
If I format the virtual disk with NTFS then I can't use the Network Mounting points?

At the present time our implementation to support the network mounting points causes BSOD inside the NTFS code. Maybe we will workaround it in future.

What other choices do I have for formatting big size disks so that I can use network mounting point like hidden share?

There is not. Either to use another then NTFS formatted "backend" storages or not to use network mounting points.
Posted: 10/07/2013 06:27:27
by Sanjay Kanade (Standard support level)

Thanks. To clarify, if I understand it correctly, the host disk can be NTFS. I mean, a virtual disk formatted FAT32 but hosted on an NTFS drive can still use network mounting point features. The problem comes only if you format the virtual disk itself as NTFS. Am I correct?
Posted: 10/07/2013 08:21:18
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Sanjay Kanade wrote:
The problem comes only if you format the virtual disk itself as NTFS. Am I correct?

Correct.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2777 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!