EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Occasional "The segment is already unlocked" error in UnmountMedia

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/08/2013 16:18:18
by Mridul Pentapalli (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am evaluating CBDisk3 on a Win7 x86. We were using CBDisk2 with no problems whatsoever, and I am simply updating our code to work with the current API.

I am getting an occasional "The segment is already unlocked\r\n" error (ErrorCode: 158) on UnmountMedia(true), followed by a "Access is denied\r\n" (ErrorCode: 5) on DeleteStorage().

Running MemDisk does not cause any problems. Is there anything I can try to isolate the problem?

Thanks,
Mridul.
Posted: 05/09/2013 01:15:32
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Mridul,

Is the problem reproducible with CallbackDisk samples? If no then try to simplify your code in the CallbackDisk callbacks until the problem disappears. Check also what callbacks are called during the UnmountMedia call. Most probably the problem is in the callback function which is called the last. Also look for ERROR_NOT_LOCKED in your code. Or check for this error. Perhaps something returns it.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4547 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!