EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBDisk upgrade from 1.2 to 2.x release issue

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/19/2011 17:05:44
by Grant Foote (Basic support level)

I have updated a product to use the latest version of CBDisk and have run into a very interesting situation. The file that represents the virtual disk was created using the old driver, the new driver mounts it no problem, but the OS does not reconize the file system. If I were to delete the file and recreate it using the new CBDisk it works fine.

Additionally I can take the new file disk and give it to the old 1.2 release of CBDisk and it has no problem with it..

I am very confused.. I have played with all of the AddMountingPoint flags but to no avail.

I did notice one thing different. The total amount of clusters that was allocated between the old file and the new were different. The new file is reporting 8 fewer clusters.
Posted: 07/20/2011 02:38:12
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Could you give us a file which doesn't work with the latest CallbackDisk build?
Thanks.
Posted: 07/20/2011 02:53:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I have a guess - do you mount a disk as a plug-n-play device? If yes, try to disable plug-n-play

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/20/2011 09:31:12

No PnP is turned off

CBDisk::GetModuleStatus(OUR_GUID, CBDISK_MODULE_DRIVER, &Installed, &VersionHigh, &VersionLow, &status);
CBDisk::Install(path, OUR_GUID, FALSE, CBDISK_MODULE_DRIVER, &needsReboot);
//setup callbacks
m_cbDisk->CreateStorage();
m_cbDisk->MountMedia(CBDISK_TIMEOUT, FALSE);
m_cbDisk->AddMountingPoint("psa");

Attached is the file that is failing. It is formated NTFS

[ Download ]
Posted: 07/21/2011 05:35:14

It seems the attached file isn't NTFS formatted - it doesn't contain correct volume boot record (something like this - http://www.cse.scu.edu/~tschwarz/coen.../NTSF4.GIF). Or at least the file is encrypted.
Also I've tried to mount it with the old as well as the latest versions of the CallbackDisk FileDisk sample, but without success.
Posted: 07/21/2011 15:04:24

The file attached in the previous message is zipped and contains a file called new.0

I have verified that if you download the attachment and rename it to something.zip then uncompress it has the disk data described in your post.
Posted: 07/22/2011 04:55:57

Sorry, I should guess about it :)
The storage-file works without problem with the latest driver we have. We are going to make the new build within several days.
Posted: 07/23/2011 05:31:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

FYI: the beta version of CallbackDisk 2.1 is available on pre-release download page.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5142 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!