EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Excellent Product

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/08/2010 21:15:26
by John Hanley (Standard support level)

We have been developing with both Callback Disk and Callback File System.

I have a lot of experience writing device drivers and Callback Disk has really been an easy process. All of the hassles writing kernel mode code is gone.

I am recommending this product for anyone that needs to write file based drivers such as ISO file mounters, VHD mounting, etc.

Suggestions for product improvement (features):

1) Support physical disks (I see that this feature is in development).

2) Support non-serialized requests. Let the application handle multiple requests. For example, we need to do reads over the network. This is slow, but the network can handle more than one read request at a time. Create an option to allow the user mode driver to manage serialization instead of the driver (e.g. pass all I/O requests to the user mode driver as they are requested from the OS).
Posted: 09/10/2010 12:23:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Regarding (1) - we are working on this. Regarding (2) - let's think about it more after release of the new version. This is doable (either via asynchronous callbacks or by making existing calls parallel), but investigation will take time which would better be invested into (1) at the moment.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3299 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!