EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Eject CBDisk from context menu

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 11/30/2009 14:04:19
by Mridul Pentapalli (Basic support level)

I am evaluating CBDisk for our needs. I have a file with sector information to create a virtual disk mounted using CBDisk.

Everything works great, except one thing. Trying to Eject the disk from the Windows context menu comes back with the message box "An error occurred while ejecting ...".

I am setting up the disk as a read-only removable disk

There are no callbacks triggered within my code on eject.

Could you please let me know how to ensure that the Eject works correctly?

Posted: 11/30/2009 14:25:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Eject command will not work with CallbackDisk 1.x because this feature requires that the disk is visible to the OS as a device. To accomplish this a plug-n-play driver is needed. We have already implemented this driver and are adding it to Callback File System now. After release of Callback File System 3.0 with this driver we will copy the added functionality to other products, namely to CallbackDisk and Solid File System Driver Edition. That will be CallbackDisk 2.x. and it's planned for Q1 '2010.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/30/2009 14:51:34
by Mridul Pentapalli (Basic support level)

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'll keep waiting for the next update of CallbackDisk.

Topic viewed 3785 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!