EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SetUserData method

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:50:46
by John Hyde (Standard support level)

The FileDisk example uses a SetUserData method and it is passing a HANDLE or a Pointer to a HANDLE. This is not covered in the documentation. Could you clarify this please.

I am creating a simpler version (single, fixed-size disk but can be instantiated several times) from the comprehensive FileDisk example and want to replace the complexity of the CallbackSupportStruct with the HANDLE it is enclosing.

Many thanks, John
Posted: 10/29/2009 13:00:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

UserData, as it's name suggests, is a placeholder for application-defined data. You can store something there, and this something will be passed back as UserData parameter of the callback (where applicable). The placeholder can hold a pointer or any other value, equal or less in size than the size of the pointer. CallbackDisk doesn't care, what exactly you put their, neither what type of data you store there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/29/2009 13:30:01
by John Hyde (Standard support level)

OK, since CallbackDisk doesn't require the data then I won't supply it! My application will keep the file HANDLE as a global variable. This adds simplicity, which I like.

Tnx, John

Topic viewed 3340 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!