EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Startup problem with example

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/11/2009 13:42:43
by John Hyde (Standard support level)

I have installed CallbackDisk on a WinXP system and am using Visual Studio 2008.
I am starting with the FileDisk example.

First - it compiles and runs. It is a good example.

When I try to edit FileDisk.rc I get a red explanation point and error = "Opened in another editor". I have rebooted my system, removed FileDisk.rc from the project and then added it back in, but I can't make this error go away.
I want to add a few buttons to the example so that I can time the mount and dismount times.
Are you familiar with this error message? How do I get rid of it?

Best regards, John
Posted: 10/11/2009 13:51:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is a "feature" of Visual Studio. It does open the resource file to show Resources tab (if you don't see this tab, check various menus, it's somewhere there). So instead of clicking on the .rc file in the solution explorer, just go to Resources tab.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2009 14:00:04
by John Hyde (Standard support level)

Mmmm, so Visual Studio knew that it had it open in another Window yet still gave me an error message. Microsoft has a unique view of "correct".

So I closed all the other windows (I was looking around the project) and then this worked fine.

If you can delete this simple error of mine from the forum I would appreciate it.

And, of course, THANK YOU for the super swift response.

Regards, John

Topic viewed 3430 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!