EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mount Physical disk with several partitions

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 11/21/2008 07:41:36
by Denis Kravtsov (Basic support level)

1. Can I mount Physical Disk with several partitions?
2. Can I mount totaly damaged RAW disk without valid filesystem? The disk must be accesed with external hex editor. Currently we can't use hex editor on unformated damaged disk.

Alex Babenko
Posted: 11/21/2008 08:08:02
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

1. Can I mount Physical Disk with several partitions?

It isn't possible. Perhaps it will be implemented in a future version.

2. Can I mount totaly damaged RAW disk without valid filesystem? The disk must be accesed with external hex editor.

Yes, you can.

Currently we can't use hex editor on unformated damaged disk

Could you please describe the problem in more detail?
Posted: 11/21/2008 08:20:16

It isn't possible. Perhaps it will be implemented in a future version.

When?

Could you please describe the problem in more detail?

1. Mount some trash to disk "q:". Do not format it.
2. WinHex can't open disk "q:".
Posted: 11/21/2008 08:38:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Let me remind you, that CallbackDisk is an SDK to create *virtual* disks which map the data in custom places and not necessarily on the HDD. If you need to have raw access to the existing disk, then you are looking at wrong solution.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/21/2008 08:58:01

We want to provide acces to virtual hdd (recovered raid in our product). Recovered raid can still be damaged, but can be fixed in manual mode using hex editor. As I can see callbackDisk don't work in this case.
Posted: 11/21/2008 09:38:29

Denis Kravtsov wrote:
1. Mount some trash to disk "q:". Do not format it. 2. WinHex can't open disk "q:".

I'll check it and answer to this topic.

Denis Kravtsov wrote:
We want to provide acces to virtual hdd (recovered raid in our product). Recovered raid can still be damaged, but can be fixed in manual mode using hex editor.

With the current version it's only possible to create only one virtual disk for each physical volume. I.e. your code should parse partitions on the raid and then create CallbackDisk virtual disks for each partition.
And even if we implement such functionality what will it be if the partition table on a damaged raid still be corrupted?
Posted: 11/25/2008 01:11:05

1. Mount some trash to disk "q:". Do not format it. 2. WinHex can't open disk "q:".

This is a problem of WinHex. Seems it can't open disks in DASD mode. I've tried to open a corrupted flash card (the first sector had been wholly zeroed) and it also couldn't do it.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5703 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!