EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CallbackDisk - Changelog

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/25/2008 02:24:42
by Alex Kohler (Basic support level)

hi
i am trying to use the Callbackdisk Procuct....and what i would need is like a changelog
everytime a file or folder gets created, changed, deleted or renamed (i dont care about read) i want to put that file on a list ....simple changelog.

and a sexond Question:
how can i read a single file using code from the virtual disk ?

Any clue how to solve that?
thanks Alex
Posted: 04/25/2008 09:06:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Alex Kohler wrote:
i am trying to use the Callbackdisk Procuct....and what i would need is like a changelog
everytime a file or folder gets created, changed, deleted or renamed (i dont care about read) i want to put that file on a list ....simple changelog.

CallbackDisk emulates virtual disk, not a file system. It operates with sectors of the disk. So it knows nothing about files. You can apply CallbackFilter (which is currently on Beta 1 stage) to the virtual disk and be notified about any operations. Alternatively you can use Callback File System and implement your own virtual disk and a virtual file system in user mode. In this case you will get requests for file operations and you will be open to both implement them and log them.

Generally CallbackFilter was designed for tasks like yours. But it's quite unstable at the moment.

Alex Kohler wrote:
how can i read a single file using code from the virtual disk ?

Using Windows API. Warning: you may not attempt to perform any operations related to the virtual disk (such as read the file located on such disk) from callbacks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4358 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!