EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Directory enumeration order

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 08/11/2016 06:26:03
by Or Ami (Basic support level)

Is there a way to determine the order of the files retrieved by the file system.

for example I have a directory with two files - A.txt B.txt, Assuming I know all the parameters for these files can I determine which will be the first file presented(OnEnumerateDirectoryC) and which will be the second file?
Is there a rule about virtual files?

Is there a way to set this order?

Another question I have is about the changed made in OnEnumerateDirectory.
I have a file A.txt in some directory, when this directory is enumerated and OnEnumerateDirectory is called I changed the file name to B.txt, however, it seems that my change is ignored since I see the file A.txt in the file explorer , and the rest of the calls such as PostGetFileSize are performed with the filename as A.txt rather than B.txt.

And finally, when there are no more files in the directory the EnumerateDirectory is called with a different ntstatus, I have tried to "stuff" another file and change the ntstatus back to 0 (only done once).
However, this as well didn't generate the results I was expecting, there as no change in the files I see in the explorer.

Posted: 08/11/2016 08:20:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

orami wrote:
Is there a way to determine the order of the files retrieved by the file system.

No way, neither in CallbackFilter nor in the OS. The same applies to the rest of the questions.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/11/2016 08:22:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Regarding the completely unrelated question of manipulating the list - it's necessary to see, what exactly you are doing in your code. In other words, we'd need to reproduce the issues you describe. If you can provide a complete test case (not just a code snippet), which we can compile, please submit it to the HelpDesk together with the [copied] description of the issues you have.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 408 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!