EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Faking allocation size

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/25/2016 11:02:48
by danielg (Basic support level)

I'm modifying the EndOfFile and AllocationSize arguments in both the OnPostGetFileSizes and the OnEnumerateDirectory functions.
When I observe a file via right click -> Properties from the Windows Explorer, I see that the file's size has been faked correctly, but the "size on disk" still reflects the truth rather than the value I set.
Why is this happening?
Posted: 07/25/2016 12:24:34
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Did you check EncryptWithHeader sample ? It is designed to report file size with a value less then original on a predefined "header size" value.
Posted: 07/25/2016 14:40:12
by danielg (Basic support level)

As I've said, I have no problem faking the file size. I'm doing it just like the EncryptWithHeader sample, and it is working great indeed.
My problem is with faking the file's allocation size, i.e. the value reported in the "size on disk" field when looking at the file's properties from Windows Explorer.
Note that the EncryptWithHeader doesn't even try to modify the allocation size in the OnEnumerateDirectory handler - it only modifies the file size.
Posted: 07/25/2016 14:59:48
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

danielg wrote:
My problem is with faking the file's allocation size, i.e. the value reported in the "size on disk" field when looking at the file's properties from Windows Explorer.

I mean, do you have the same problem using EncryptWithHeader sample as is ? I didn't observe such problem with it.
PS. We may continue discussion in the helpdesk system, if you provide more details how to reproduce the problem.

Statistics

Topic viewed 787 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!