EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callbacks for file operations

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/20/2016 13:32:08
by Dennis  (Premium support level)

Hello,
I subscribe to OnPostCreateFileC callback in my process and initiate disk operation (create directory) from it. Event is not raised.

I start second instance of my process and do the same. First instance catches event, second do not.

Is it by design? Could I do something to handle file events done from the same process?

Thanks,
Dennis
Posted: 05/20/2016 14:04:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, this is by design - by default the filter doesn't notify its "master process". There's a property to change the default behavior, it's called OwnProcessFiltered. Setting it to true will give you the desired behavior.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/23/2016 06:12:44

Hm, OwnProcessFiltered doesn't help. I set it to true right after calling AttachFilter but events are not raised all the same...
Posted: 05/23/2016 07:14:16

Please try setting the value *before* attaching the filter.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/23/2016 07:39:23

In this case I get "Filter is not active" exception. Documentation states that this property should be set then filter is active.
Also noticed that after adding OwnProcessFiltered = true the hosting process crashes almost immediately...
Posted: 05/23/2016 07:47:55

Indeed, I have overlooked something when I looked into the source code. Yet, OwnProcessFiltered is exactly what you are looking for. So there must be something else in your code that needs adjustment.

I welcome you to continue the conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) and post your test code there (please remove the autogenerated file and post only the source code and the project file). We will test your code on our side to see what you describe and what corrections are needed.

For you to do this I have created a support request in the HelpDesk.

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2017 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!