EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Install / uninstall driver

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/20/2016 04:26:37
by Dennis  (Premium support level)

Hi,
my scenario implies installing driver on server, uinstalling it at some point, installing again - over and over again. The problem is that server must be online and reboots are problematic. Then I call uninstall method it returns "reboot required" status. Following install also returns "reboot required". I ignore both but callbacks don't work after that.
So the question: is reboot after uninstall 100% manadatory? What is the reason for that? Does any workaround exist? Can it be somehow changed?

Thanks,
Denis
Posted: 05/20/2016 07:12:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

CallbackFilter driver, if installed and activated, inserts itself into the list of filter drivers. It can not be safely removed from this list without reboot.

The only good option is to re-think the strategy of installing and uninstalling the driver.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/20/2016 13:32:55
by Dennis  (Premium support level)

Good to know, thanks.

Statistics

Topic viewed 943 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!