EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Events but no Delegates - Cannot get samples to run properly

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 12/17/2015 09:58:55
by John Elwood (Basic support level)

Trying to get started with EldoS CallbackFilter and would really appreciate some help.

I am trying to run the c# samples, but they all seem to trigger event callbacks but never the delegate callbacks.

For example, I am using the "Base Filter" sample in c#, and I can use it to log all events, but I never see any of the delegate callbacks being logged.

Also, the "EncryptXOR" project runs, but never does anything, because it is based off of the delegate callbacks, which are not getting called.

I've checked the forums and haven't found anything related in any recent messages.

Thanks!

My environment:
Win Server 2012 r2
EldoS CallbackFilter Version 4.0.96 (2015-12-10)
Visual Studio 2015
C# 2015
.NET 4.6
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:06:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the detailed report. Could you please explain what you mean by "event callbacks" and "delegate callbacks"?

We have callbacks and notifications -- the events are named ***C and ***N respectively. Do you mean some of these?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:07:10

Also I would remind you that your license is a free *unsupported* license. If you want support, you are welcome to purchase a paid license.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:17:57
by John Elwood (Basic support level)

Eugene,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the I was referring to callbacks and notifications.

The notifications are firing (***N), but the callbacks are not (***C).

According to this documentation: https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cbflt/ref_gen_callback_types.html
I am seeing notification callbacks, but not control callbacks.

My apologies if use of the forums is not intended for unsupported licences.
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:26:23

Thank you for the clarification.

In your case the license is given for CallbackFilter Lite, which doesn't cover synchronous events ("callbacks"). You need a paid Professional license to get them.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2411 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!