EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XOR sample code not working

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/30/2015 17:24:43
by Nick Mason (Basic support level)

I'm using a trial copy of CallBackFilter - I'm using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm using the C# .NET samples.

Although I've had some success with the EncryptWithHeader example, I can't get the the EncryptXOR sample to work. The source doesn't compile - the code in CbFltPostWriteFileC, references a variable called ProcessRequest, which doesn't exist. That variable doesn't seem relevant to this particular function, so I commented the line out.

Now, it compiles, but when I run the sample code, trying to access (read or write) any file in the target folder, as specified in the example, causes a user-mode crash of .NET - I get "VSHOST.EXE has stopped working".

I've managed to get the EncryptWithHeader sample working fine, and I've referenced the 64-bit version of the CbFlt3Net library, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong - clearly, my installation is fine, but I'm having problems with just the EncryptXOR example project. As an aside, I also tried the C++ version sample, but that failed to compile with a linker error.

I've also tried rebooting, but to no avail. Has anyone else managed to get this working?

Thanks,
Nick.
Posted: 05/01/2015 02:38:57
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

njsmason wrote:
That variable doesn't seem relevant to this particular function, so I commented the line out.

Thank you for clarification. We will update source code appropriately.

njsmason wrote:
As an aside, I also tried the C++ version sample, but that failed to compile with a linker error.

Please specify exactly what error code is reported by linker.
Posted: 05/01/2015 02:43:36
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

I've moved the question to helpdesk in order to continue discussion. Thank you for contacting us.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2109 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!