EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Regarding GetOriginator* usage

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 06/03/2015 17:22:39
by Stelios Mavridis (Basic support level)

The data goes this way:

FS -> FS filter -> system cache -> OS Filesystem API -> Application

I was under the impression from the documentation (https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cbflt/ref_gen_cached_requests.html) that setting ProcessCachedReadWriteCallbacks to true would allow me to intercept and modify even cached data.

In any case my primary concern right now is about the UserContext pointers and whether two ReadCallbacks for the same file but for different originators(Users) will 'see' the same UserContext pointer or every user will have its own.
Posted: 06/04/2015 01:03:26
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Stelios Mavridis wrote:
In any case my primary concern right now is about the UserContext pointers and whether two ReadCallbacks for the same file but for different originators(Users) will 'see' the same UserContext pointer or every user will have its own.

It must be the same UserContext for different users.
Posted: 06/04/2015 01:13:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Stelios Mavridis wrote:
I was under the impression from the documentation (https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cb...ests.html) that setting ProcessCachedReadWriteCallbacks to true would allow me to intercept and modify even cached data.

Yes it would, however Windows was designed in a way which didn't include your scenario - the request for file reading or writing doesn't pass the fields related to particular user+file context. Only file context is passed. Unfortunately there's no way to bypass this design limitation - we've been asked for this literally dozens of times for CBFS.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/04/2015 05:09:53
by Stelios Mavridis (Basic support level)

It must be the same UserContext for different users.

Only file context is passed. Unfortunately there's no way to bypass this design limitation - we've been asked for this literally dozens of times for CBFS.

I was afraid this would be he case thank you for the confirmation.

Statistics

Topic viewed 7205 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!