EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Deleting Virtual Files/Folders

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/23/2015 10:28:37
by Stelios Mavridis (Basic support level)

Hello,

In my application i use virtual files and folders.
At exit time i must delete all virtual files/folder i have created.

I use the following code(C#) for removing directories:
Code
foreach (string dir in Directory.GetDirectories(file_path))
{
  Directory.Delete(dir, true);
}

The issue i am having is that even though the foreach loop provides me with a directory name(c:\docshare\test) the Delete function throws an IOException with the message "The directory name is invalid.";

Here is a log from the run(using proccess monitor):

"Operation","Path","Result","Detail"
"CreateFile","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS","Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, OpenResult: Opened"
"QueryNetworkOpenInformationFile","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS","..., AllocationSize: 4096, EndOfFile: 4096, FileAttributes: D"
"CloseFile","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS",""
"CreateFile","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS","Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Directory, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened"
"QueryDirectory","C:\DocShare\*","SUCCESS","Filter: *, 1: ."
"QueryDirectory","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS","0: .., 1: test" <- Enumerate returns the folder 'test'
"QueryDirectory","C:\DocShare","NO MORE FILES",""
"CloseFile","C:\DocShare","SUCCESS",""

I am not sure of what is happening here, do you have any clues or suggestions on what is happening?
Posted: 03/23/2015 13:15:09
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,
Do you able to cach an exception and find the path that was detected as invalid (dir- value in your case) ? Thank you.
Posted: 03/23/2015 13:27:48
by Stelios Mavridis (Basic support level)

Vladimir Cherniga wrote:
Hello,
Do you able to cach an exception and find the path that was detected as invalid (dir- value in your case) ? Thank you.

Yes the path is c:\docshare\test which is what i expected and i also get this from the foreach loop.
Posted: 04/02/2015 17:39:34
by RBRO Development  (Standard support level)

Hello,

I am having the same problem as described above. The path does exist and still getting an exception.

In addition I am checking whether the Directory exists before attempting to delete it using Directory.Exists.
The Directory.Exists function returns True for folders that Directory.Delete throws an IO Exception.

If I can clarify in any way let me know, we need to find a solution or workaround for this ASAP

Thank you in advance
Posted: 04/03/2015 02:16:25
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report about the problem. I've moved the question to helpdesk system for further investigation.
Posted: 04/05/2015 22:26:16
by RBRO Development  (Standard support level)

Can I please get a ticket # or a link to follow the issue? This is very high priority for us right now.
Posted: 04/05/2015 23:52:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You are welcome to visit HelpDesk and you'll see only your support tickets there.

Please note that your e-mail server bounces all e-mail and this is why you don't receive notifications from the HelpDesk and from this forum as well.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3881 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!