EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback File System with Callback Filter

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 01/26/2015 17:36:18
by david bennett (Standard support level)

I am using the Callback filter to redirect certain file accesses to go through a Virtual File System implemented using your Callback File System. I do this with a reparse rule that looks at the filenames and conditionally changes their paths to be relative to the CBFS. I am using passthrough rules to exclude files that I don't want to rename.

Among those that I'd like to avoid renaming are things that are already going through the CBFS device. Those filenames look like \Device\000000xx\... where the xx is apparently some number that is automatically assigned to the CBFS. It appears to be different even on the same machine when I run the CBFS at multiple times. Is there a way to know what device is assigned to CBFS so that I can explicitly exclude just that device?
Posted: 01/26/2015 17:57:10

On a related note, and this should probably be a separate topic or maybe even a ticket, *all* of the Device filenames are truncated when I arrive in my reparse callback handler. For example, in the case of a network file, I am seeing a filename in my reparse handler which is "\Device\Mup\server\C_DRIVE\Users\Username\Deskto" which is missing the trailing 'p'. This seems to happen for all files that start with "\Device"
Posted: 01/26/2015 23:35:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

david bennett wrote:
On a related note, and this should probably be a separate topic or maybe even a ticket, *all* of the Device filenames are truncated when I arrive in my reparse callback handler.

This started to happen in some cases (when the drive letter can not be resolved) in the latest build. The bug has been already fixed and we'll make an update soon.

As for the device number, please try using StorageGUID ( https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cb...eguid.html ) property and see if it helps. We will check what this number is on our side (I'll move that part of the question to HelpDesk for you).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/27/2015 09:31:58

Thanks on the device number. I will give that a try.

Is there a version of the Filter I can downgrade to in order to get the truncated letter fix? I need to give a demo on Friday of this week. Also, I recently purchased source code. I assume that this fix will be included in an update to the source?

Thanks.
Posted: 01/27/2015 09:40:00
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

david bennett wrote:
Is there a version of the Filter I can downgrade to in order to get the truncated letter fix?

3.1.78 version contains a user mode parts without truncated letter bug. Use cbflt.lib, etc. with a latest drivers.
Posted: 01/27/2015 15:38:02

I am apparently a bit thick. I can't figure out a way on your web site to download the 3.1.78 version. Can you point me to a link? I did save a copy of 3.1.77 a while ago and will give that a try.
Posted: 01/27/2015 17:45:21

Dropping back to the 3.1.77 version of the static library has fixed the problem for me. Please let me know when the newer version is available.

Thanks very much!
Posted: 01/28/2015 04:39:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Build 82 with the fixed issue is on the site.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3312 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!