EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Controlling file permissions

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/15/2014 06:16:20
by Aleš Remškar (Standard support level)

I'm working on system that will dynamically assign permission on project folders. I sucessfully deny access to folders (where users have NTFS permissions), but is it possible to allow access to folders, where user don't have NTFS permissions? The reason why I want to do that is, is my service fails for some reason, I don't want users to gain access to all files.

Do you have any extra samples for managing file permissions?

Posted: 12/15/2014 12:18:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We have discussed this problem with the developers and they say that there are no OnGetSecurity() callback rules available, and even if there were such callback, altering information returned during reading permissions would not work as permissions are checked on filesystem level.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/15/2014 12:20:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We have RawDisk product, btw, which lets your application (not other applications though) bypass security checks when opening files.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1635 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!