EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problems when recompiling CallbackFilter sources

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/30/2014 05:35:43
by Chris Spiteri (Standard support level)

I need to recompile the CallbackFilter sources but am having some problems. I would appreciate it if you could offer some assistance.

Some information on my environment:

1. The version I have is "CallbackFilter - Version 3.1.75 - Released July 22, 2014".
2. The SDk is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS, where there are two sub-folders: Callback File System, and CallbackFilter.
3. I am attempting to recompile on a machine running Windows 8 with VS2012 ultimate installed.
4. My client application is in .NET, so i am using CbFlt3Net.dll to communicate to the filter.

I have successfully written an application in C# which uses the filter to set up some rules and callbacks, so i have no problems with the filter API itself.

I need to recompile the filter (cbfltfs3.sys; x64 version) and the .NET wrapper dll (CbFlt3Net.dll) but am having these issues:

1. Where are the sources which i need to recompile in order to produce the .sys driver file?

2. Do i need to install any other SDK (Microsoft Driver Dev Kit perhaps?)

3. When i try to execute "driverbuild.bat" (running as Administrator), i get the following errors:

- RCStamp does not exist. Drivers version will not updated!
Press any key to continue . . .
- Warning!!!
- Ensure that the projects CallbackFilter, UcbLib, DrvKeysLib
- have been updated from the CVS.
Press any key to continue . . .
'runbuild.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

4. When i try to recompile the CbFlt3Net.dll using the VS2012 solution file (C:\Program Files (x86)\EldoS\CallbackFilter\SourceCode\CallbackFilter\dotNet) i get the following error:

Error 1 error LNK1256: ALINK operation failed (80040414) : Error reading key file '..\dotNet\cbflt.snk' -- The system cannot find the path specified.

I would appreciate it if you could help out.

Kind regards,
Posted: 10/30/2014 06:39:33
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Let's continue in HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) please. I have created a new support ticket based on your above message. You will see your (and only your) support tickets by following this URL. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates related to your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1528 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!