EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Stop writing during writing

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 04/27/2014 23:26:55
by jglee (Basic support level)

I should stop writing after checking the parameter (PVOID Buffer) of callback OnWriteFileC() but I know in the help document that the operation can't be canceled. What should I do ?
Posted: 04/28/2014 00:21:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Windows doesn't expect that the writing operation can be canceled. Potentially you can filter cache writes (those writes that go from the OS to the file cache, enable tracking of them using ProcessCachedReadWriteRequests property) and cancel them on that stage, but Windows will report the error then.

If you want to protect certain files, it's better to not the application let open the file for writing.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/28/2014 02:24:13
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

jglee wrote:
I should stop writing after checking the parameter (PVOID Buffer) of callback OnWriteFileC() but I know in the help document that the operation can't be canceled. What should I do ?

You can try to skip non-cached writing, by returning the ProcessRequest = FALSE. In that case, the writing process will think that request successfully completed, but in reality it will be skipped silently.
In the case you want to get an error status raised on user request, than you should do as Eugene said.
Posted: 04/28/2014 02:27:07
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Vladimir Cherniga wrote:
In that case, the writing process will think that request successfully completed, but in reality it will be skipped silently.

But in that case there is a problem with file consistence state exists.
Posted: 04/28/2014 21:05:22
by jglee (Basic support level)

I got it with your help.
Thank you so much....
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2088 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!