EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

The EncryptWithHeader example does not work properly

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 04/17/2013 14:04:43
by Babak Yaghoobi (Basic support level)

I've downloaded the latest version of the CallBackFilter from site with eval key, (
I compiled and run VCL\EncryptWithHeader sample with Delphi XE3 Update 2 on Windows 8 Enterprise x64.

But this sample does not work properly.

When I copy the text file to a filtered folder and then i copy this file to the none filtered folder, and then i open it with notepad i see the file stay encrypted.

or even after the copy text file to the filtered folder and open it with notepad the most of the time i see a encrypted context.

Best regrads
Posted: 04/17/2013 14:55:32
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

thank you for the report about the issue. Could you test it again with a FlushFileOnOpen property set TRUE. The problem you've described may reference to the stale data from system cache, when you open file with a filter detached. If the problem persist, please provide a more detail instruction, how to reproduce the problem.
Posted: 04/17/2013 15:45:21
by Babak Yaghoobi (Basic support level)

Hi Vladimir Cherniga

Thnank you for your reply.

I test it with FlushFileOnOpen := true; and it work perfect, thank you again.

Best Regards

Topic viewed 1784 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!