EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Codeblock C++ GCC / MinGW compiler support

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 02/28/2013 23:32:55
by Manoj Jain (Standard support level)

I just got the evaluation key and downloaded the evaluation kit. There is no sample code for c++ only for Microsoft VC++

I need a working demo for Codeblock C++ GCC / MinGW compiler or guidance on how it will work or if at all it will work or not.

If it works I want to achieve following:

for example I want to stop saving .docx files on my system. On all harddrives, CD ROM , USB flash or any network drive or any other device already connected or connected while application is running.

The idea is user should not be able to "save" using "File>>Save or File Save as" options of winword or any other program.

If there are existing .docx file he/she can copy of USB or CD ... but not by opening in word and using "save as". The requirement is to catch the file before it is saved and terminate the command ..... for all possible locations the system

Thanks
Posted: 02/28/2013 23:37:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I don't think you can even theoretically catch the operation of "save as" an existing file. You can intercept the operation of file creation on the filesystem level, but you won't ever know whether the user would be writing the data of some existing file there or that he created a new file.

We don't provide out of the box support for MinGW, sorry. You can use Visual Studio Express for evaluation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/01/2013 00:25:01

I am not expecting ready to use code.

But I need to first understand if it will work in C++ MINGW ?

I have tried VC++ 2010 code and it is not working ....
Posted: 03/01/2013 00:27:07

I am not sure that I understand the problem. Can you use existing .lib files in MinGW? No. Do we support MinGW? Not at the moment (though it's possible to add such support in CallbackFilter 3). Can you use CallbackFilter in general in MinGW? Probably yes.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/01/2013 02:09:35

Can you suggest any other compiler [other than MinGW] on which CallBackFilter will work.

My application is c++ or pure C. Not Microsoft's Visual c++ 2010

Or should I wait till version 3.
Posted: 03/01/2013 02:10:59

We only target Visual C++ at the moment (for evaluation). Licensed customers have access to user-mode source code and they can compile that code with other compilers.

I can't make forward promises regarding support of any other compiler in future versions of our products.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/01/2013 02:13:40

Thanks for your timely and appropriate support. I will see the possibility of using MS VC ++ or other.

Thanks once again
Posted: 03/01/2013 03:30:23

I am trying c# sample.
The app is running after giving key
when I am selecting driver I get following errors
[Note: My System is Sony Vaio, Intel 64 with Windows 7]

Selecting ia64 driver: Error : driver is invalid
Selecting x64 driver: error: Access is denied
Selecting 32bit driver: Error : driver is invalid

I tried with placing driver in a folder in c:/
I tried with default driver installation location in program file

I get same error as above
Posted: 03/01/2013 03:43:47

1) You need to choose the correct driver that matches your system architecture. In your case it's x64. On 32-bit systems it's 32bit (obviously). IA64 stands for Itanium, rarely used system nowadays.

2) Installing the driver requires administrative rights. And sometimes (depends on system settings) simply running the application even if you are an admin is not enough - you need to run the application as Administrator explicitly by either specifying corresponding rights in the manifest or by running it from Explorer using context menu and Run As Administrator command in it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2093 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!