EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

VSS Integration

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 02/15/2013 02:20:33
by Theodor Kleynhans (Basic support level)

Is CBF VSS-aware?
Let's say I'm tracking the changes in a file that is constantly being written to (e.g. SQL DB), I'd like to take a VSS snapshot, copy the modified blocks somewhere, clear the list of changes, and release the snapshot. While this is happening of course, more changes can be written to the file. These changes should be recorded somewhere separate so that they become the "current list of changed blocks" when the snapshot is discarded. I therefore have 2 questions:
* Can CBF distinguish between the reading of blocks from the snapshot and the reading of blocks from the file (while the snapshot is open)?
* What would be the best way to synchronise all these steps so as not to create race conditions that miss changed blocks.
Posted: 02/15/2013 05:42:04
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

* Can CBF distinguish between the reading of blocks from the snapshot and the reading of blocks from the file (while the snapshot is open)?

Thank You for the question.

CallbackFilter does not support shadow file system filtering and filtering on a volume level as well. It it possible to implement by not supported in current state and we have no such plans for the nearest builds.

With a best regards.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1441 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!