EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CbFlt CreateFile handler and WinApi CreateFile handler

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/12/2013 12:05:54
by djazz (Basic support level)

I'm writing an application (C#) which download a file.
This file is downloaded in a folder which is monitored by the CallBackFilter.
I would like events are not fired to prevent any actions after the download of the file.

So I set the "OwnProcessFiltered" to false, and when I use the CreateFile method the handle does not seem to work. On the other hand, when I use the CreateFile method from the Windows API, the handle works correctly but CallBackFilter fire all events.

With :
fHandle = cBFilter.CreateFile(filePath);
The file is created, but nothing is written to the file, and no CallBack events fired.

But with :
fHandle = BFCWinApiFile.CreateFile(filePath, BFCWinApiFile.DesiredAccess.GENERIC_WRITE, BFCWinApiFile.ShareMode.FILE_SHARE_NONE, IntPtr.Zero, BFCWinApiFile.CreationDisposition.CREATE_NEW, 0, IntPtr.Zero);
The file is created, data are written to the file, but all events are fired because I do not use the CreateFile method from the CallBackFilter class.

Do you know how to fix this ?

Posted: 02/12/2013 12:08:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk. You will receive e-mail notifications from Helpdesk, which you can use to get to the newly created helpdesk topic.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1102 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!