EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to increase file size ?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/01/2013 08:43:22
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Great! Don't hesitate to ask in the case of any problems.
Posted: 03/14/2013 04:03:59
by Manoj Jain (Standard support level)

You should try to report fake file size in GetFileSize and EnumerateDirectory callback.

I was able to add encryption key [or some data] in the beginning of file during encryption.

But during decryption, I am not able to reduce the file size and read or write data after the encryption key.

The error [index out of range] is at write procedure at :

Code
mBufferBytes[BufPas++] = Buffer[SysBufPos++]

I have tried to reduce the key length from "completed" variable as well as setting startPosition to key length.

any Suggestion.
Posted: 03/14/2013 07:53:46

any Suggestion.

You should take a EncryptWithHeader sample as a base for you project. It is also required a last build of CallbackFilter, with an AddPagesToWriteBuffer() support api.
Posted: 03/15/2013 00:12:42

You should take a EncryptWithHeader sample as a base for you project. I

I tested EncryptWithHeader but it does not encrypt any files

I gave "c:\Text\*.* " as Mask.

I copied files from other folders to the specified folder but all files remain unencrypted. [I opened them with filter ON and OFF both]

I also tried by opening files from other folder and using "save as" and saving in the specified folder. but still files were not encrypted.

I opened image files in "Notepad" and "wordpad" and found that contents are same.

So How encrypt with header works?
Posted: 03/15/2013 02:44:56

Please make sure that you installed the last build of CallbackFilter driver. Specify, please, operation system and version of sample code (c++, C#, VCL). Also check that FlushFileOnOpen set to TRUE. As if you detach filter during tests, it could open files ecrypted at the first time, with a filter set ON. Do you have any logging information from test app, when file copied ? Thank in advance for your answers.
Posted: 03/15/2013 03:17:50

My Driver version is 2.3.57.197

I used it on Win XP, .Net 4 [Lenovo ThinkPad XP professional]

A also used it on Win 7 , .Net 4 [Sony Vaio Home edition]

I am using C# code

FlushFileOnOpen is true
FlushFileOnClose is true

To test flush, I encrypted the file, closed everything, restarted the system.
File are opening. they are not encrypted.

I am not able to copy the log from the listbox. If required by you I will do some programming and export it to a text file.
Posted: 03/15/2013 04:20:23

I've created a corresponding ticket in helpdesk. Let's move the discussion there.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8480 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!