EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to increase file size ?

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 03/01/2013 08:43:22
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Great! Don't hesitate to ask in the case of any problems.
Posted: 03/14/2013 04:03:59
by Manoj Jain (Standard support level)

You should try to report fake file size in GetFileSize and EnumerateDirectory callback.

I was able to add encryption key [or some data] in the beginning of file during encryption.

But during decryption, I am not able to reduce the file size and read or write data after the encryption key.

The error [index out of range] is at write procedure at :

Code
mBufferBytes[BufPas++] = Buffer[SysBufPos++]

I have tried to reduce the key length from "completed" variable as well as setting startPosition to key length.

any Suggestion.
Posted: 03/14/2013 07:53:46

any Suggestion.

You should take a EncryptWithHeader sample as a base for you project. It is also required a last build of CallbackFilter, with an AddPagesToWriteBuffer() support api.
Posted: 03/15/2013 00:12:42

You should take a EncryptWithHeader sample as a base for you project. I

I tested EncryptWithHeader but it does not encrypt any files

I gave "c:\Text\*.* " as Mask.

I copied files from other folders to the specified folder but all files remain unencrypted. [I opened them with filter ON and OFF both]

I also tried by opening files from other folder and using "save as" and saving in the specified folder. but still files were not encrypted.

I opened image files in "Notepad" and "wordpad" and found that contents are same.

So How encrypt with header works?
Posted: 03/15/2013 02:44:56

Please make sure that you installed the last build of CallbackFilter driver. Specify, please, operation system and version of sample code (c++, C#, VCL). Also check that FlushFileOnOpen set to TRUE. As if you detach filter during tests, it could open files ecrypted at the first time, with a filter set ON. Do you have any logging information from test app, when file copied ? Thank in advance for your answers.
Posted: 03/15/2013 03:17:50

My Driver version is 2.3.57.197

I used it on Win XP, .Net 4 [Lenovo ThinkPad XP professional]

A also used it on Win 7 , .Net 4 [Sony Vaio Home edition]

I am using C# code

FlushFileOnOpen is true
FlushFileOnClose is true

To test flush, I encrypted the file, closed everything, restarted the system.
File are opening. they are not encrypted.

I am not able to copy the log from the listbox. If required by you I will do some programming and export it to a text file.
Posted: 03/15/2013 04:20:23

I've created a corresponding ticket in helpdesk. Let's move the discussion there.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8831 times

Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!