EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

AddFilterCallbackRule

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/24/2011 04:17:28
by Theo Z (Basic support level)

Hi,

Previously I used CallbackFilter v2.1.31 (October 10, 2010). After using the new version, i.e. v2.1.34 (January 28, 2011), my program suddenly doesn't work as expected anymore. Seems like there is a change in how AddFilterCallbackRule method works. It used to add a rule. Now it replaces it.

For example, the write callback won't work using this code (it used to work):

mFilter.AddFilterCallbackRule(textPath.Text, CbFltCallbackFlags.WriteCalback);
mFilter.AddFilterCallbackRule(textPath.Text, CbFltCallbackFlags.OpenCallback);

I know that I can modify the code so it only calls AddFilterCallbackRule once. I just want to confirm whether there is really this change and if it is, also want to know what's the reason of the change and hope that this kind of change will be documented on the change log next time.

Thanks,
Theo
Posted: 04/25/2011 02:27:23
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Hi, check please the issue with 2 conditions: add rules before filter attached, and add rules after filter attached. If this issue persist only in first case, then check that you've built your program with a last cbflt.lib user mode api.
Posted: 04/26/2011 01:52:39

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Ok, adding the rule after the filter attached works. Thanks. But adding the rule before the filter attached doesn't work (it worked on the previous release I used). I think I have built my program with the latest library, i.e. I use C# and have added a reference to the latest CBFltNet.dll and have rebuilt the solution. Fyi, This problem also happens on the latest FileMon C# sample.

Thanks,
Theo
Posted: 04/26/2011 06:07:08
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,
this issue was already reported by our customers and fixed since last beta v2.1.34 was released. This problem lies in the user mode api code and occurs when rules was added before filter attached. To workaround this problem attach filter before applying rules or add rules with the identical mask in one step. This issue is already fixed in upcoming release.
Posted: 04/27/2011 00:49:39

Hi,

Ok, thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Theo
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2555 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!