EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

OnFilterAttachToFsVolume event

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 12/13/2010 17:17:59
by tagnal (Basic support level)

I am guessing that the lack of a 'C' at the end of this event name means that it is not the same as most other Control events. It actually is more of a Notification style event, correct? Therefore, I can't actually block the system from mounting the FS with this event?
Posted: 12/14/2010 01:14:42
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

You may block on this event. It behave like notification event.
Posted: 12/15/2010 12:19:54
by tagnal (Basic support level)

Notifications events occur after the event has already happened right? So therefore it would be too late to block.

In your CBFilter sample (Using VS2008), I added:
mCbFlt.OnFilterAttachToFsVolume = new CbFltFilterAttachToFsVolumeEvent(CbFltFilterAttachToFsVolume);
to the constructor and a callback event handler:
void CbFltFilterAttachToFsVolume(
object Sender,
string VolumeName )
{
MessageBox.Show("FS ATTACH Volume - " + VolumeName);
}

The message box pops up, but even before closing the msg box, the fs volume gets mounted and is available for the user to browse to and use in windows explorer. Am I missing something else that I need to do to block the volume from being mounted?

Thanks
Posted: 12/15/2010 13:15:06
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Saying that you can block on this event i mean that you may delay the execution of this event for any reasonable time without chances to block the file system work. You cannot block the mounting process from this event.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2331 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!