EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to protect a word file?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 11/10/2008 01:10:20
by lcp lcp (Basic support level)

I want to solve the problem:

when i open an encrypted ms word file through the CallbackFilter driver,
it will be decrypted, then I edit file content and save it to another file,
if the save path is in the filter path ,then it will be encrypted again.
If the save path is not in the filter path, it will not be encrypted.

the problem is that the save path is dynamic, i can not set it to the filter path beforehand。

How can i encrypt the file agian wherever i save back the ms word file?

Posted: 11/10/2008 08:10:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Either monitor all folders of all disks or find some way to change the task (for example, use Callback File System to create your own virtual disk and make the user store files there).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/10/2008 08:35:47
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

The problem is the same as i described in "Continue the processid filter list problem" topic. The original file within filtered directory and his modified copy that was made by MSWord through File->SaveAs... menu don't relate from each other. Not any context information from original file copying to the destination file. From the look of file system driver the MSWord simply create a new file and write some datas that he has read from original one. This read and write operations are process in different file object contexts and you should know where the destinaton file could be saved. May be in the next releases if it could be useful,we will add application activity filtering, not only activity based on the file/directory path matching.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3114 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!