EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Wrong value of "FileName" attribute in CbFltCreateFileC

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 11/07/2008 07:06:26
by Devesh Mittal (Basic support level)

Hi

I inserted a USB harddisk with drive name H: and applied CreateCallback filter callback rule on this drive.

When I try to create a folder for example folder name = a , in drive H:, I do get control inside method CbFltCreateFileC, but the value of FileName is F:0/a rather than H:/a.

Is it a bug on callback ? is there some workaround for this ?

Thanks
Posted: 11/07/2008 10:48:10
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,
could you specify the version of your operation system. Did you undock device after filter rule was set ? Does F: disk name exist in your system ? What sample code did you use ?
Thanks.
Posted: 11/07/2008 22:47:02
by Devesh Mittal (Basic support level)

Hi

Version of OS: Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2

I keep removing and inserting the USB hard drive. But when I tried to create new folder using explorer, the device was in inserted state( I didn't try to create folder in some other drive )

Also there is local hard disk partition F: in system.

The value of File name is not only incorrect it is inconsistent as well. For example some times it give E:9/a some time it gives F:0/a etc

Thanks
Posted: 11/10/2008 09:50:00
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

The internal device name for USB hard drive change every time you remove/insert it. So if you have created filter rule and then reattaching device it shouldn't work as the rule should be reassigned. The old internal device name, previously saved in filter rules list, have changed and no one callback event should be triggered. The strange thing is that you still receive notifications. Please specify exect sequence that lead to such behaviour(include device reattachements and rules assignment).

Statistics

Topic viewed 4458 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!