EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Continue the processid filter list problem

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 11/05/2008 21:01:03
by lcp lcp (Basic support level)

If the System Context can remerber the processid then the problem will be solved.

When i open the file, in the OpenfileCallback event i can create a Context,and save the processid and "track flag" in it. And then when the file be saved back to folder, the driver get the Context,and see the "track flag",then fire the WriteCallBack event, and then I can encrypt the file.

The "track flag" save In Context to tell the driver that whenerver the Context
is involved, the CallBack event associate with the file will be fired.

Can it be implemented?
Posted: 11/10/2008 02:18:19
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

When you open original file and track it througth filter rules all registered callbacks are triggered. When you save this file to another location( copy, not move) the system create new file in the destination directory with a new "system context", so this "track flag" cannot be propagated from original to the new one. The original file and his context information remains untouchable and there is no relations between original file and his saved copy.

Topic viewed 2651 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!