EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

About processid filter list

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/04/2008 21:51:14
by lcp lcp (Basic support level)

When the encrypted file c:\Crypt\text.txt is opened by notepad.exe,
i can get and remember the notepad.exe processid in the OpenfileCallback event,
and if another type filter can be set,the filter save the processid that i set back to the driver to the filter processid list ,
then, when i save the file "text.txt" back to folder, wherever it will be,in the filter path or out of the filter path, the driver see the processid is in its filter processid list,and fire the WriteCallBack event, then i can do the encrypt processing...

I hope it will be implemented.
Posted: 11/05/2008 06:46:37
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

The problem is in caching mechanism. When "notepad" saves document the datas may not appear on phisical disk immediately. They may be stored in system cache and lately flushed to the secodary storage by system Cache Manager lazy writer component or by modified page writer component of Memory Manager. In this case you cannot associate this callback event with any process ID. It will be invoked in the system context.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3012 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!