EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Change file to open

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/22/2008 04:45:30
by Thomas Bach (Basic support level)

Hello,

is it possible, to change the file to opne with callback filter?

We try to open a specific file from any application, if the application opens a directory.

Regards
Thomas

Posted: 10/22/2008 05:10:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Currently you can't change the file and directory names being passed in OnCreate/OnOpen/OnEnumerateDirectory callbacks.

However, I think that either I misunderstood you or the idea makes no sense. What exactly task do you want to solve by opening a file instead of a directory? Directory opening operation is not followed by "read file"/"write file" calls, so you can't store/retrieve directory contents to/from the file.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/22/2008 06:58:28
by Thomas Bach (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene,

our task is to receive files from a web service and open theses directly in the application.

To do this, i must capture the open directory event from any application in windows for a directory. If this directory will opened by the application, a call to a web service should fired, retreiving the data and send these to the calling application, maybe by storing this data on any file in the directory and then open this file in the event handler.

I´m looking 2 months for a solution, but i can´t find anything.

Regards
Thomas

Posted: 10/22/2008 07:19:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What you probably need is virtual files and directories. We plan to add this functionality later, maybe in CallbackFilter 1.5.

Meanwhile you can take a look at Callback File System, it seems to be a better (and ready to use) way. While it doesn't let you create virtual directories on existing disks, you can create a new drive letter with completely virtual file system and file and directory structure.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3440 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!