EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PreSales: On-the-fly application

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/05/2008 09:27:48
by Nelson  (Basic support level)

Hi,
I want to do a portable application, that will run in the background, loading CallbackFilter and monitor Vista Explorer.
When copying/moving WMV/H.264 video files/folders from HD to USB drive, then automatically convert to MPEG-4 files or folder containing such files.
Requiredment:
(1) No installation, load driver dynamically.
(2) On-the-fly file conversion when copying/moving files/folders.
(3) Works even in DOS box.

I

Regards,
Nelson
Posted: 08/05/2008 09:42:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Kernel-mode drivers must be installed by administrator. After they are installed they can be dynamically loaded by the application running under restricted user.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/05/2008 09:44:07

Thnaks. I also post my question to helpdesk with license question.
Posted: 08/05/2008 09:44:51

When I install the eval kit on my XP, the os didn't ask me to reboot.
Posted: 08/05/2008 10:02:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) The installation that you have downloaded doesn't install the drivers to the system (this makes no sense). When you compile and run the sample application, you will install the drivers from that application. And then you will (probably) need to restart the system.
2) The problem is that if you are a limited user (not an admin), you will not be able to install the driver to the system. I.e. you can't come to the internet cafe, run your application from the USB flash drive and have it install the driver to internet cafe computer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/05/2008 10:08:22

okay, some mis-communications.
Let me clarify my points.
(1) Instlla your evaluation kit, make me think the intsall will setup everything ok, and try to load device driver just like a well-down application.
So no re-boot after installation of your kit, make me guess no reboot neeeded for running CallbackFiletr.
(2) I'm the admin of my XP os, of course.
I will also assume most XP users have the admin-priviledge.
Vista is another story. I will have to check running my-app+CallbackFilter and its user-priviledge needed.

Nelson
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4769 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!