EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Is it possible with your Products

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 07/31/2008 20:23:07
by randy  (Basic support level)

Hi every body , i'developping my AntiVirus software using Delphi , and now i want to implemet a File System monitor ( Real Time Scanner ) .Kernel mode
so what to choose between all you greate Products :
* Solid File System Driver Edition SDK
* CallbackDisk
* CallbackFilter

to achieve such a task .

and is there any other comments or suggestions from you concerning this topic .

and many many thanks for your great products .

Yours Randy
Posted: 08/01/2008 00:31:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You need CallbackFilter. Virtual Storage products won't fit as they provide a new disk, not control over the existing disk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/01/2008 14:45:04

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
You need CallbackFilter...

Eugene is CallbackFilter driver a Kernel Mode or User Mode ?
Posted: 08/02/2008 00:01:32

All files system drivers (including filter drivers) are always kernel-mode.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/02/2008 00:25:30

Please check your mail filters - I sent you the trial key yesterday.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/02/2008 14:06:59

As a First Glance : i compiled the FileMon simple using Delphi 7 :

Eugene i noticed that ( using the FileMon simple ) when a File is Created ( i test it by creating a new text file in root : C:\ ) it's alwayes reported File is Opened or closed but not Created .

* As Question Eugene Why the Machine should be Rebooted ? as long as the cbfltfs.sys is not installed into the Drivers root : C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
so the System will not recognize it , i mean all most Drivers are installed Once ( sure for the 1st installation the machine should be Rebooted One to complete the Installation ) but why to use cbfltfs.sys the machine should be Rebooted each time . this will give some system Fatal Errors ( Like the Blue Screen One and sometimes the System will become very unstable and other times the machine will auto-reboot ) this will occur because the System will auto-protect - As microsoft has said .

Could you please explaine me What is or what will happen when the Machine is rebooted after cbfltfs.sys being installed ?

// i hope this is only in FileMon Simple

Yours Randy
Posted: 08/02/2008 14:58:07

Reboot is not required to use or stop using the driver. I am a bit confused by the details you provide. If you get BSODs, please report them as described in documentation, including the minidump. Reporting "it doesn't work" is not something we can help you with.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/02/2008 15:05:26

The FileMon simple doesn't work without rebooting the Machine and i have test it . When Clicking on Install Driver Button a MessageBox will popup asking for the Machine to be rebooted ,Otherways otherwise when clicking on
SetFilter Button this will give System Error 2 : ' The system cannot find the File Specified '
Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Reporting "it doesn't work" is not something we can help you with.

So Eugene this only with the FileMon simple although
FFilter.OnCreateFileN := CallbackFilterCreateFileN; is declared .

Thank you

--
Yours Randy
Posted: 08/02/2008 15:32:07

After you install the driver you might need to reboot. But you don't have to install the driver each time you start the sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/02/2008 15:38:29

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
After you install the driver you might need to reboot. But you don't have to install the driver each time you start the sample.

Yes Eugene . but when you close the Application and restart the Machine than Re-open the Application again this will ask for the Driver installation otherwise you will get the Error : System Error 2 : ' The system cannot find the File Specified '

and that what i'm doing now ( testing it )

-- Eugene all this is with FileMon Simple .

Yours Randy
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 13628 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!