EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issue with context.

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 06/13/2008 07:39:26
by Hiranya Patel (Basic support level)

Hi,

In my CPP sample code, I created a Context object in 'PostOpenCallback' method and set it. In 'ReadCallback' or 'WriteCallback', I try to cast parameter 'LPVOID * Context' my own class.

Now problem is '*Conext' is not the pointer to my Context, it is some other memory address. After long time, i discovered that 'Context' and not '*Context' is the memory address of my Context object.

Second, even after i restrt my sample code and tries to monitor same file, in 'ReadCallback' adn 'WriteCallback' i get context object set in prevous run of my sample code? Why? Any idea? I tried to check in 'PostOpenCallback' and in second run, I always get context object instead of NULL.

Thanks,
Hiranya
Posted: 06/13/2008 12:51:41
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,
thank you for the report, this is our fault in the user mode api, we will fix this bug in the next build.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3550 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!